Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pink Floyd keyboardist dies at 65

Rick Wright lost his battle with cancer and has passed away.
“The family of Richard Wright, founding member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness that Richard died today after a short struggle with cancer. The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time,” said Wright’s spokesperson.

David Gilmour has posted this on his site. No one can replace Richard Wright. He was my musical partner and my friend. In the welter of arguments about who or what was Pink Floyd, Rick's enormous input was frequently forgotten. He was gentle, unassuming and private but his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognized Pink Floyd sound.” He later adds, “Like Rick, I don't find it easy to express my feelings in words, but I loved him and will miss him enormously.”

our hearts go out to his family during this time.

No comments: