Monday, September 22, 2008

Tegan (of Tegan and Sara) and Hunter (of AFI) side project

Even though Hunter did some guess work on Tegan and Sara's "The Con" album, doesn't mean thats all you will hear from him and Tegan.

"We've been writing dance songs together, and we're both too old and tired to be in another band on top of the bands that we're already in so we're just going to try and sell the songs to other people make them do the work. But we kind of work on stuff together, which has been really nice and then we always have a million projects up our sleeves so we'll keep making ourselves work all the time because if we don't we'll get into trouble I think."

"Mutual appreciation for each other's work. He emailed me, and I was still answering fan mail in those days, and I didn't believe that he was actually in A.F.I. I thought he was just pretending. So I did a lot of research. I asked him a lot of questions, and I asked him to meet up with me in L.A. the last time and he didn't weird me out. So, I was like, 'OK we can be friends, so...' I just started sending him old songs that I really hadn't done anything with, and he just started redoing all the instrumentation and stuff. I never actually collaborated with anyone up until that point. I never even... Me and Sara don't write songs together, so it's really weird. I feel explosive and angry at times by his comments, but I really like making music with him, so maybe we'll do it again."

Tegan And Sara are set for a fall tour starting September 20th at the San Diego Street Scene. Their latest single is "Call It Off."




thanks UG.

No comments: